OUR CLASS RULES
- Be a good listener
- Always follow directions
- Be kind to others
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
- Check your child’s bookbag nightly for homework assignments and notes.
- Graded papers will be sent home weekly. Please sign the folder and return it promptly.
First Grade: What Will They Learn?
In first grade your child will learn to interact with the classroom teacher as well as the art, music and physical education teachers. Here are some of the things your child will learn this year:
- Read at least 100 sight words
- Locate the main idea and details in in stories
- Recall the sequence of events in oral and written stories
- Print words legibly
- Write words legibly in manuscript form
- Capitalize the first word in an sentence
- Use periods and question marks at the end of sentences
- Recognize the singular and plural forms of words
- Count to 100 by ones, twos, fives and tens
- Write the numerals to 100
- Add and subtract numbers
- Use simple maps and globes
- Make more detailed observations of the natural world